This plugin allows your members to add skills and expertises to their profiles. Other members can endorse/vote/verify skills, make comments, browse and view members with similar skills, and many more etc.. It works extremely great if you run a professional social networking site, and would be a wonderful companion to Job Post, Resume, Employment plugins.
- Many public-facing pages are widgetized and managable via Layout Editor
- AJAX endorsement for skills
- Members get notified when their skills are endorsed via SE Updates system
- Quick browse for members whom have same skill
- Special page for each member show case their skills
- Ability to see who made endorsements for any skills
- Intuitive interface for browse, and search skills
- Fast popup (smoothbox / lightbox) for adding / editing skills
- Admin can mark any skill as featured and/or sponsored
- many more ..
Below are built-in skill widgets with a lot of configuration options / settings allowing you to customize the skill pages via Layout Editor anyway you like.
Skill General Widgets
You can use these widgets and drop on SE managable pages via Layout Editor such as Home Page. All built-in Skill Landing / Browse / Manage etc .. pages are built using these widgets.
- Create New: Displays create new skill link menu
- List Skills: Displays a list of posted skills with different filtering options
- Main Menu: Displays skill main menu navigation (Browse Skills | My Skills | Add New Skill)
- Popular Terms: Displays a list of popular terms (skills)
- Search Form: Displays skill search form
- Top Endorsers: Displays list of top skill's endorsers
Skill Profile Widgets
Below are built-in skill widgets which let you build Skill Profile Page (similar to Member Profile page) via Layout Editor
- Skill Profile - Breadcrumb: Displays a skill's breadcrumb on its profile.
- Skill Profile - Description: Displays a skill's description on its profile.
- Skill Profile - Endorse: Displays a skill's endorse button on its profile.
- Skill Profile - Endorsements: Displays a skill's endorsements on its profile.
- Skill Profile - Icon Featured: Displays a icon for featured skill on its profile.
- Skill Profile - Icon Sponsored: Displays a icon for sponsored skill on its profile.
- Skill Profile - Meta: Displays a skill's meta data (date, views, comments, share, report) on its profile.
- Skill Profile - Options: Displays a skill's option links (Edit | Delete) on its profile.
- Skill Profile: Other Members: Displays other members whom have the same skill on its profile.
- Skill Profile: Other Skills: Displays other skills of the skill's owner on its profile.
- Skill Profile - Photo: Displays a skill's photo on its profile.
- Skill Profile - Rating: Displays a skill's star ratings on its profile.
- Skill Profile - Receiver: Displays a skill's receiver on its profile.
- Skill Profile - Social Shares: Displays a skill's social shares such as Facebook, Twitter, Digg using AddThis service on its profile.
- Skill Profile - Stats: Displays a skill's owner stats (total skills, received / gave endorsements) on its profile.
- Skill Profile - Submitter: Displays a skill's submitter on its profile.
- Skill Profile - Title: Displays a skill's title on its profile.
- Member Profile Skills: Displays a member's skills on their profile.
- Easy to browse submitted skills using search / filter form
- Mark skills as featured / sponsored (icons)
- Ability to delete single / multiple skills
- Privacy settings to control / enable send skills among your members
- Define number of skills to show on browse page
Member Level Settings
- Granularity and detailed permission control
- Permission to view: no, yes and for owner only, all skills
- Permission to create: no, yes
- Permission to edit: no, owner only, all skills
- Permission to delete: no, owner only, all skills
- Permission to comment: no, owner only, all skills
- Ability to limit number of skills a member can post
Below are sample screenshots for plugin's front-end and admin control panel.
- Layout Editor
- Widgets (sample selected widget screenshots)
For demonstration purposes, we have turned off some options / features on purpose to prevent abuse. We strongly recommend you to create a test account on our demo site to have full test-drive experience.